One of Tonight's Many Mind's Musings

I have so much running through my mind right now that I hope I can get it all down before it disappears. I will definitely have to turn tonight's thoughts into several blog entries as there is no way I could get it all in one. Even if I could, half of you would bore with reading so much at one time! So here is the most important thought....

Tonight was the award's banquet for the Fine Arts and Sciences Division at Delta State. I knew that I was going to be winning 2 awards, but to my surprise I won 3. (Just to pat myself on the back, I won the most awards of anyone in this division!) The first award was for high achievement in United States History class ($100). The second award, that I was unaware of, was for a student majoring in Social Science with intent to teach History that has shown good academic scholarship and character ($250). The last award was for the highest GPA in the social science department. This award was a whooping $700!! Total award amount was $1050.00!!!!

Now, although I am extremely proud of myself, this blog entry is NOT to pat myself on the back. Although I can do that well enough! ;-) No, this blog entry is a BIG shout out to Jesus! I have one semester left of school, and my scholarship has run out. I was much concerned with how I was going to come up with money for the last semester. With these awards tonight, I have at least half of next semesters tuition paid for! Ain't God good??

But my great thought not only comes from this major financial blessing, it comes from something much deeper. Lately, I've been a bit frustrated with some situations. I've literally told God, "This isn't fair, and I don't deserve it. I deserve better than this." While I was whining about situations that I have no control over, God was sitting back thinking, "If you would just shut up and chill out, I want to bless you." This experience has not boosted my ego; it has done the opposite. I feel so absolutely humbled right now that I am left feeling completely guilty. God, with his amazing grace, looked beyond my frustration. I can say that I have not been the person I should have been the past few weeks. If I were God, I would have said, "Forget it! With all that bellyaching, I'm not giving you anything." Thankfully, God isn't human! God chose to bless me tremendously tonight. I'm no one.... I’m a nobody.... without God, none of this would have been possible. I would have thrown in the towel with college a long time ago. But for some reason, God saw something inside of me and decided to bless me.

When I think of how much He cares for me, I stand awe struck. Any student could have won those awards tonight. But God granted me the opportunity to show my professors and fellow students that Apostolics aren't necessarily backward, uneducated people! Now that I look back, I'm ashamed of my attitude, yet so grateful that God looked beyond my character flaws. It's so amazing that God blesses us even when we don't deserve it. I now have a new appreciation for the song "He looked beyond my faults, and He saw my need."

Thanks be to God, the author and finisher of our faith!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love