Part II of "Many Mind's Musings"

As you've already read, I won several awards the other night. I was really glad to have my mom and dad with me at the banquet. Those of you who are around me know that I've never been one to dream of having my own children; most of the time I curse the idea. I often wonder why people would want to put themselves through all the pain (both physically and mentally) to deal with children. (I think all of this knowing that when I get married, I'll have my own children) Anyways, that night, I saw through my parents eyes, the joy of having a child. I'm not anyone special, but I could see how proud my parents were of me. I'm sure they were thinking, "Well she's more liberal than we would like her to be, but we raised a pretty decent daughter." With their smiles and glowing eyes, I thought what it would be like to know you had brought life to some child. What the feeling must be like to see their achievement and know you had a hand in it. I guess parenthood may be ok after all. I'm sure all the pain is forgotten in moments like that.

Then I thought about my heavenly Father. Yes my parents were very instrumental in my life; however, God was the ultimate say so in my being. I wonder what His face must look like when His children make a great achievement. It's at those times that He forgets the pain of sending His son to die. He forgets the times we've hurt Him. All God can feel is the deep love He has for His children. His eyes brim over with tears of happiness as He looks at His creation. He sits back and just as he did on the first days of creation, he says, "This is good!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love