A Tragic Burden Renewal

Almost everyone has heard about the young girl in Florida who was murdered, Sarah Lunde. What many may not know is that she had just returned home from a youth event late that night before she was murdered. (Check out the NinetyandNine article here.) I wonder if during the service Sarah attended, did anyone feel a special urging of the Holy Spirit. Did a youth worker have a tug to pray with Sarah that night. Was some prayer warrior called into a spirit of travail? Did Sarah herself sense a need to dry closer to God that night? Those are probably questions that I will never know the answer to. However, I would like to think that God spoke to Sarah's heart in a special way that night. Maybe she even felt His arms wrap around her during the whole terrible ordeal.

As I read the article, the whole story became real to me for the first time. I began to cry as I contemplated this tragic event. This girl was a member of someone's youth group. It could have easily been my youth group....Your youth group. Wow, it's hard to imagine losing someone so close to me. I want to know that my friends are prepared to meet Jesus, even if it happens through such a cruel method. Sarah Lunde's story renews my burden for my youth group, forces me to pray harder for them. Hope it does the same for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love