Emotions Run High

Here I am, sitting at my computer, trying to figure out all the emotions that are streaming through my body. Let me explain them.

  1. Other fellow procrastinators can probably relate to this one. You know that feeling you have when you aren't doing anything, but in the back of your mind you know that you should be doing something. It's just enough to nag you, but not enough to force you into action. Well for the first time since January that feeling is GONE!
  2. Pure exhaustion. I just finished my last final, and I'm plumb tired! (as we say here in the South!) I've been juggling studying for finals, work, and my grandmother being in the hospital. So not only am I physically tired, but mentally tired.
  3. Relief! I'm so glad to be done with my finals. I don't even know what to do with myself because I don't have any school work to do or tests to study for. I can actually sit back and read a book or watch a movie without feeling guilty. (Closely related to #1)
  4. Nervousness. I haven't gotten back the grades for 3 of my classes yet. In one class, I'm really scared that I didn't get an A. Now, I DO NOT mean to sound conceited, but I've really worked hard my whole college career to maintain my 4.0. I sure will be mad if I lose that because some dumb 200 level class that never fit into my schedule until now!
  5. Fear. My grandmother is really not well, and I'm afraid she may never fully recover. I don't want her to die, by any means, but I don't want to see the turmoil my mom will have to go through in order to take care of her if she doesn't fully recover. On top of that, I have some plans for the summer that may shake my world up a bit. I'm afraid of the unknown at times, and I'm trying to walk out with my amour down and my mind open. That's a WHOLE new lifestyle for me.
  6. Excitement. New experiences also brings excitement. I know that I'm going to experience some absolutely great things this summer, and I can't wait for it all to happen.
  7. Sadness. I've finished all my course work. 4 years of college has come to an end, and all I have less is student teaching in the Fall. My bosses at work said goodbye, and it hit me. I'm fixing to have to really grow up! By the end of this year (Lord willing) I'll be a graduate of Delta State University. I'll have no excuse to sleep late because a class is cancelled or not work because my course load is too heavy. (See #5).

So as you can see, my head is swimming, and I'm trying not to drown in the current! It's funny how I can't wait for these times in my life to occur. Then when they happen, I wish it hadn't come so soon. Man, I'm going to be a mess when I do actually graduate! Oh well, things will be better in the morning -- nothing a little sleep can't cure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love