I need to talk through this....

Every once in a while, God will speak to my heart, and I will know without doubt that it isHim. Then there are times where it seems as though He is giving me the silent treatment. I never doubt that He knows the answer to my problem; I just doubt that He'll reveal the answer to me at times.

So here I am tonight, feeling a tad bit lost and searching for an answer. What can be even more nerve racking is that everyone else seems to know just what is right for me. Of course some say, "You're out of God's will if you do that." Then there are others that say, "Well I think God may be leading you in this direction." My new favorite is...."Sometimes God wants you to do what makes you happy."

Maybe I should back up and tell you my perdicament. I may be moving to Hot Springs, AR for the summer. I'll be working there, and most likely won't return back home until mid August. Now most normal people wouldn't see the big deal, but it's a huge ordeal for me apparantely. I've never been away from my town for a long period of time. I've gone on family vacations, and even spent a week somewhere over spring break, but I've never gone anywhere for that long. People are acting like I'm moving half way across the world for...forever, instead of 3 hours away for 2.5 months! Now, I do appreciate the fact that I'll be missed, and the fact that others really want me to come spend the summer with them. But I'm completely torn because I feel like I need to be both places.

I need to stay at home to continue the work that I'm already doing. Plus with my grandmother needing 24 hour care, I could really be used around my own home. On the other hand, Student Teaching starts in the fall, and this will be my only break for a while. Plus, I need to have some growing up time by myself. The options are great for everyside. Then I have a friend that says, just do what you want to do. Much easier said that done.

What I want most of all, is to do what God wants me to do. There could be a reason he has me in Hot Springs. Then again, spending time there could ruin a plan he has for me in Greenville. I know that God has a specific purposefor my life, but He's just waiting for the right time to reveal it. I have a problem with patience though. I'm not so great at waiting.

Unfortunately, waiting is what I have to do. I have no other choice. I'm waiting to hear back about an interview I had in Hot Springs. If that goes through, I'll take it as my ok to spend the summer there. If that doesn't work out, then I'm staying in Greenville for the summer. What exactly I'll do here though is unclear. However, for this week, I'm in Greenville waiting, praying, and anticipating.

Either place though, I've got some plans to draw closer to God this summer. I'm finding every day that I need Him more and more. With no school work to hold me down, I'm going to try my best to pray more. My associate Pastor quoted a scripture tonight during his AWESOME prophetic message. Joshua 3:5 "And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the LORD will do wonders among you." Other translations say: purify yourself, consecrate yourself, hallow yourself, set yourself apart, or make yourself acceptable to worship. The catch is, in order to see miracles performed, I have to do some work on my spiritual body.

So I guess I'm fretting for nothing. I am seeking God's will, and He will never forsake His Children. As long as I desire the things of God whole heartedly, they will be granted to me. Wherever the Lord leads me, I will follow, and God will NEVER lead me wrong!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is it weird that I admire you for being conflicted? It shows that you're not just out to please #1. I have no doubt that everything will work out for the best. Hey, look at it this way...if you stay in Hot Springs, you'll be close to me!! Keep the faith, girl!
Kim said…
My friend always tells me that I'm to worried about everyone else and what they think. Maybe he's right.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love