What I learned from Ex-Boyfriends....

A blog that I frequently visit had a great entry today. In this particular entry, the author told specific things that she learned from each of her ex-boyfriends. It seemed like a great activity, so here I am with my list.

Boyfriend 1 -- Dating a guy just because he's older and has a cool car is not a good reason to date him. 15 is way to young to seriously date, and I should have listened to my parents and not insisted that I be allowed to date. Sometimes, parents really do know best.

Boyfriend 2 -- It is possible to fall in love with someone at the age of 16 and really, truly love them. It is possible to be hurt by someone so much that the pain never goes away, it just becomes a dull numbness that you learn to live with. When people are wounded, they can attack you, even if you didn't do the wounding. No matter how much you love someone, you can't make them love you back. It is possible to be so wrapped up in someone else that you lose who you really are. Even though at the time you don't think you need saving, God has an awesome way of saving you anyways. God pulled me out of a relationship that would have most likely lead me to a spiritual grave. Now I'm in a GREAT place I never thought I would be. Most importantly, no matter how far you seem away from God, He can always find you!

Boyfriend 3 -- A heartbreak can make you do dumb things....like date someone you have no interest in all the while trying to convince yourself that you do have interest in that person. Spending time with the right person should never be so hard. No matter how much everyone else thinks you should be with someone, some people are just NOT your soul mate!

I haven't had an extensive dating saga. Just 3. I learn quick. After number 3, I soon realized that I had better things to spend my time on than dating. Guys have been an EXTENSIVE part of my life, but most of them just as friends.

A few other things I've learned from some of my guy friends...
  • They'll always fight for your honor
  • Even if they are just your friend, they'd hook up with if in the right mood! ;)
  • Once you finally get to the deep trust and honest part, you have a friend for life!

So there you have it....Everyonce in a while, it's good to think back on things that you've learned. Experience brings wisdom....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love