Behind these hazel eyes....

Have you ever met someone so jaded by life that you almost feel sorry for them. In the movie Hitch, the girl (I can't remember her name) automatically doesn't trust guys. She assumes that they are lying from the start. Though the scenario works just fine for the plot, I really began to contemplate her situation. How sad it must be to go through life waiting for everyone you come in contact with to burn you.

I go with my instinct most of the time. There are certain people I will freely open up to, and there are others that I keep at bay. I usually trust people until they prove they can't be trusted. Have I gotten hurt, numerous times. However, I've often benefited more than not.

There have been times that I tell myself that I don't trust someone, knowing that deep down, I trust them completely...in order to guard my heart. It's really hard to fool yourself though. Then at times, I try to hide the fact that I trust someone in order to keep them guessing.

In the end though, I want to be a trusting person. I want people to have faith in me, to see good things in me. I want to show others the good things in life. I want someone to look into my eyes and find safety there. If I can just show someone that life isn't possibly as cynical as they think, then maybe I've completed my mission in life....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter