Feeling Overwhelmed?

At the church here in Hot Springs, one of the guys sang a song Sunday morning by Clint Brown. It's one of my favorite songs off his new album because it deals with being overwhelmed by God. Recently, God gave me a scripture about being overwhelmed and some great insight to go along with it. Well the song has been stuck in my head all day. Even though I sent my thought out months ago to a bunch of friends, I thought I would share it here on my blog. Here it goes...

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then you knew my path." Psalms 142:3

At times I get a bit stressed out with school, work and church responsibilities that I forget that God knows my path. He knows where I'm at, and more importantly, He knows where I'm headed. This scripture was such a great reminder to me that when I'm going through my own private darkness God is in me, comforting my spirit.

One night during our prayer service at church, I was sitting on the pew just meditating on God because I just really didn't feel the need to talk to God but to just listen. So I was sitting there and God spoke to my heart. He said, "I want you to be overwhelmed with me." WOW. I grabbed a piece of paper and started writing down the thoughts God was giving me. When we are overwhelmed with worldly thoughts, worries, and stress, God wants to replace all those feelings with his love, joy, and peace. God wants our hearts to be overwhelmed, but overwhelmed with his presence. So next time I feel like I'm going under with worries, I will simply ask God to exchange my worries with his peace and be overwhelmed with the presence of God. What a thought to be completely consumed and overwhelmed with God....

I'm Overwhelmed: (The Song)
I'm overwhelmed by Your Love, Your amazing love to me
I will never will understand why you choose to be my friend
Oh I, I can not forget the price you paid with Love on Calvary
Amazing Love, Amazing Grace
I'm overwhelmed with gratitude and praise
I will rejoice, fall on my knees, lift up my voice
A love song I will sing
A serenade of sweet worship to you, My King.

Comments

Anonymous said…
thank you. i needed to read this at the very moment that i did. blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter