He will forgive, but I must forget!

Mistakes. I hate them, but sometimes we make them. Then we have to deal with them. I recently made a big mistake. Then the next day I had to deal with the guilt, and it almost became just a bit too hard to bear.

The thing with this mistake is that no one knew I did anything wrong, except for me and God. The two hardest persons to admit to that I was wrong. In myself, I was disappointed and felt stupid. Towards God, I felt completely unworthy and inadequate.

I knew God would forgive me, but I felt like such a hypocrite. God must have known my heart. The sincerity of how much I wanted and needed his forgiveness. The next night I attended a youth camp service, and Bro. Calvin Jean preached right to me. He talked about how we all make mistakes, but we have to forget them and move on. Paul says that the only way to press towards the high calling of Jesus is to forget those things which are behind us.

You know, I might have messed up, but God doesn't remember it anymore. Neither should I. Just because I made a wrong choice doesn't mean that God won't use me. Everyone in the Bible excluding Jesus choose the wrong path at one time. However, God, with his amazing grace forgave their shortcomings and anointed their lives anyway.

He never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think I've done more damage than imaginable, God sends a messenger to deliver a word to me. He offers me a chance to redeem myself. He loves me without end.

Even though I made a mistake, I was able to learn something from it. Not only do I appreciate and better understand the forgiveness of Jesus, but I realize the imperfections of my own life. It's hard for me to acknowledge the fact that sometimes I don't make the right decisions. Sometimes I just screw up. I'm human, not superwoman. I forget that at times. I push myself and others to the max, expecting nothing but the best. When it all comes tumbling down, I realize just how flawed I am. However, it's in those times I discover just how flawless God is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter