Learning Despite the Fear....

I always thought one of my biggest fears was being out of the will of God. As the days go by, I'm beginning to realize that I'm not afraid to be out of the will of God...I'm afraid of what the will of God may be!

Recently I've been learning a whole lot about myself. I'm here in Hot Springs living with friends with no real authority figure but myself and God. I must say it has been very exciting, refreshing, but also tiring. I have to do my own laundry (when I'm not going back to MS for the weekend), I help cook, I go to work, and I've gone grocery shopping. I've learned how to actually cook, and do a decent job at it! I've learned that I am capable of being on my own.

I learned how to move on from a big mistake, repent, forgive myself, and most importantly forget that it happened. I'm learning that distance (whether physically or emotionally) can cause a strain on friendships. However, I'm trying my hardest to beat the odds and keep lasting friendships. I'm learning that you never know the hardship someone may be facing....even those people who look like they have it all together. It's at those times that you have to forget about your own needs, throw away your selfishness, and give of your heart more than you might wish to.

I'm learning to be thankful for the little things in life, like getting a card from a friend, having friends that care and are protective, having parents that allow me to live my own life and make my own mistakes.

I'm also learning that God gives us great memories so that when bad times in life come, we can cherish those memories and things won't be so bad. God has given me numerous memories with my Nanna. Today she was diagnosed with Dementia. They are giving her medicine to slow the process down, but there is no cure, and she will just get worse. Saturday is her birthday, and she'll be 78. I'm so thankful that I've had her in my life this long. She has taught me so much....

So to my original thought, my fear. It seems that in the past few weeks alone God has been teaching me things, preparing me for something. I know that I'll step into it. There is no option for me but to do God's will. I'm just a bit nervous of what His plan is. The most important thing to remember is even though I'm unsure of His will, I do know His ways, and I will follow those ways!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter