The Power of Friendship

The love of friends always amazes me. The true friends always step up right when you need them to be by your side. There are some extraordinary people in my life that have helped support me and my family during our loss.

I guess you could say this entry is a great big THANK YOU to all that have called, emailed, hugged, laughed, and cried with me. I know that I couldn't have made it without the prayers of my friends behind me. You think you are prepared for something like this....God had given me plenty of warning that this time was coming. Somehow no matter how much you think you are ready, you are still caught so off guard.

My family and I are close. My cousins, uncles, and aunts were there giving me their support, hugs and "I love you's." But there is something about that friend, who doesn't have to, but chooses to anyways. Here are some examples of the great friends that I have....

  • Mrs. Sunshine came home with me, so I wouldn't have to travel the 3 hour trip by myself. Just knowing she was there made a world of difference. Her husband also brought me ice cream and a hug. It's crazy how the smallest things can touch someone's heart the most.
  • Mr. Mysterious called several times, offered prayer, and made me laugh. Just knowing that he would have been there with me if he could have been was all I needed to know.
  • Spanish Princess and Country Gal were there to laugh with me until the LATE hours of the night, when I had entered the delirious stage. They also came bearing gifts to cheer me up! (Chocolate, Starbucks, and Old Movies)
  • Sis. Encourager sent me a sweet voice mail and was there at the funeral to encourage and minister to me before I had to sing.
  • The "long-time friend" family came to visit several times, brought food, and called numerous times just to make sure we were ok.
  • Last but not least, my 2nd family...there is a bond there that could never ever be broken. We've all been through our hard times, but every time we've come back stronger than ever. Without your prayers, hugs, kisses, and shoulders to cry on, my family would be in sad shape. I love you...

There are many others who sent flowers, food, and just came by to offer their condolences. Even through this valley, God is showing me how blessed I am. The love of friends is something that can't easily be replaced. Most of the time we take it for granted, but in times like these, we are reminded of just how precious others can be!

Thank you all for your love and prayers. May God bless you and keep you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter