The Tragedy of a Cell Phone

As anyone can infer through reading my blogs, I've been through many changes in the past few months. At times I feel as though my life has been turned upside down. But I was thinking today that nothing has suffered as many changes as my cell phone.

I think a cell phone is a good way to measure how much your life has changed. Follow me, if you will. My cell phone is a good indicator of the people I know, at least well enough to talk to pretty regularly. I meet new friends, and I add their name and number into my phone. Here my friends remain stored in my most used gadget. Even though it's just a cell phone or just a name and number, it represents people that mean a lot to me. As friends grow important to me, they may be added to my speed dial list or even gain a special ringtone. Then I know exactly when they're calling or can reach them just a bit faster.

But things happen and for whatever reasons, names in my phone have to change. For example, my friend Elizabeth got married. So I had to change her name from Elizabeth Williams to Elizabeth Provine. Then lately, numerous friends have moved away, so either their name got erased b/c I don't know their new numbers, or their numbers got changed to a different one.

The saddest change will be taking place real soon. That change will require me deleting a number from my phone permanently. I've gotten mad at friends and deleted their numbers before, but sooner or later, the number gets added back to my phone. This time though, no matter how much I would like to add this number back, it won't help. I have to delete my Nanna's number from my cell phone. I won't be able to punch some buttons and hear her slightly English accented voice say..."hello." Pretty soon, her phone will be turned off and someone else will be given that number. 662-332-7128 will just be a memory.

My most trusted "electronic appliance" can stand witness to the many alterations that have occurred recently. Whether happy or sad, change will take place, and it usually affects just more than you personally....might just effect your cell phone as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter