Grace, Grace, Marvelous Grace...

A co-worker shared this analogy with me, and I had to blog about it...

A college professor suspects that a student is breaking into his office and stealing money and messing with test grades. He sets a camera up in the office and catches a student in the act. The student readily confesses of both stealing money and changing all of his grades and is ready to receive his just punishment. The student goes on and on about how wrong he has been and how he deserves to be reprimanded. The professor looks at the student and says, "Here's $1000; spend it as needed. I'm also going to keep your grades changed to A's. I'm glad you apologized, and I forgive you. If you ever need anything else, I'm here for you. Just never let this happen again."

You are sitting there saying, "Yeah Right! That would never happen." Physically speaking, it wouldn't happen because we are human. However, spiritually speaking, it's exactly what God does for us everyday. We were all awful sinners, unworthy of everything but punishment. However, Jesus does just like the college professor did. We get caught red-handed and often feel the immense guilt, becoming instantly humbled and regretful. Instead of landblasting us and condemning us, Jesus simply says, "I forgive you. Let's not let it happen again, and before I forget, here's some blessings for you."

Day after day, I fall short of the Glory of God. I can't count how many times I mess up on a weekly basis. I'm so thankful that God isn't keeping count either. I find myself on my knees more and more praying that God will forgive my shortcomings, and every single time, He is faithful to forgive me. What's even more amazing is that despite my mess ups, God still blesses me.

I'm amazed at God's Grace, at His love for me. It's overwhelming to realize that Jesus died just for me. If I was the only person in the world, He would have still gone to the cross for me. That's how important I am to Him.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. . Romans 8:1

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love