It's all about the little things...

My friend, Sunshine, and I were conversing about nothing in particular, and we hit upon a huge issue with us. This issue is the little things. We were talking about how it's not the big, grandiose things but the little things that people do that means the most. The Bible says that it's the little things that spoil the vines, but I believe the little good things can fertilize that vine!

I'm a big fan of the little things, and I'm more apt to remember them. For example, It's all great and good if that special guy kisses you, but it means more to me if that special guy says, "let's just sit here, and you tell me about your day." It's when someone actually takes the time to notice the sometimes unnoticable. For example, When someone says, "wow, you're eyes are 2 different colors; that's amazing" or "You have red in your hair."

Recently, my cousin did a sweet little thing. There is a candy in my family that all of us cousins love called cherry lips. Well at my Nanna's funeral, my uncle was passing out the last of his stash, and I showed up too late as all of them were gone. My cousin, Will, bit his in half and gave me the other half. Will didn't have to say I love you or hug me that day, he showed how much he cared for me by sharing his cherry lip.

I realize that I like the little things, so I try to do little things for other people. So if you read this, you should go do a little thing for someone. Like send someone a card just to say hello, or I'm thinking of you. If you're wife likes fireworks, go buy her a sparkler and have a late 4th celebration all by yourselves. The key is, to do the little things, you actually have to pay attention to conversations in order to find out what little things to do. (The little things don't matter as much if they person has to spell it out for you.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Next Chapter