All good things must come to an end....

Last night I felt so special. The youth group here in Hot Springs threw me a surprise going away/birthday party. My Birthday is tomorrow (Deuces are Wild, the big 22!), but I also leave tomorrow going back to Greenville for good. So after Youth Prayer, we all met up at McAlister's, and they came bearing cheesecake and gifts. It was one of the sweetest things in the world!

So girls, are you ready to melt?? There is a super special guy at HS that is always there for a hug and a laugh. Well last night, he came and sat down beside me and said, "I got something for ya." He said, "Since I won't be around to protect you anymore, I got you this." He proceeds to pull out a toy army man from his pocket. I started crying. I'm going to miss my soldier boy oh so much.

I'm so glad for the opportunity I had to spend this season of my life here with such a great church and youth group. The people of Cornerstone UPC are so easy to love. I'm going to miss them all greatly. It's going to be tremendously hard to get use to life without them, everyday. I won't be able to go crash at Superman's house and watch a Cardinal's baseball game. Or listen to any of Buffalo Penny's stand up comedy act. Or hug soldier Boy, or sit with Sunshine and read to her blog entries while she works. I've felt right at home the entire summer, and words will never be able to express how much everyone here has meant to me. Thank you for being who you are!

I also got a great gift for my birthday, resolution. Sometimes long conversations aren't needed. Sometimes the simple words, "I'm Sorry" and "Thank You" are enough. I experienced a scene that could only be described as coming straight from a movie. The only sad thing, is sometimes the lesson can only be learned at the end of the journey, but at least it was learned.

I have found true inner strength this summer.
I have found a haven.
I have found true friendship.
I have found meaning in the midst of confusion.
I have found my second home.

I have found myself.

Comments

chantell said…
Why do things have to "end" with Soldier Boy?
Kim said…
Oh the complication of things, Chantell.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love