Good News and Bad News

Bad news first....
Things are still terrible here. As many of you may already know, gas is going sky-high and is becoming very scarce. Many gas stations around here are simply running out of gas. The UPC MS District campgrounds were used as a shelter for some people. We heard tonight at church that some elderly people there died from the heat and conditions. Another friend of mine is trying to head home to Texas, and I'm praying he has enough gas to get there.

Good news...
The family I told you about from Biloxi finally got intouch with my friend today. They had a 3 story house on the beach. They had to be rescued from their ROOF! Thankfully they are ok. Most importantly, the only good news I can hold to is that God has EVERYTHING in control! He's working everything out for our good!

Besides Katrina, life is going on as usual for me. My last day of "block" is tomorrow and then Friday I'll be heading to my public school to begin my student teaching. The school is less than 5 minutes away from my house, so if worse comes to worse, I can walk if need be. I'm attending a Shane and Shane concert tomorrow at school. I'm very excited about that, as Shane and Shane are my faves!!

More on the concert tomorrow!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love