Hurricane Katrina

First, I want to tell all of those who've called and emailed, I'm doing just fine. The hurricane's path was not in the line of my city, so thankfully, all we got was rain and wind. It is actually a beautiful day outside today, which is bit unkind considering many areas have been devastated here in Mississippi.

The path of the hurricane did hit many parts of Mississippi, and as you can read from all the news reports was the worst storm since 1969. What was so bad is that the meterologists all expected the storm to hit New Orleans and go up the Mississippi River. Many were not prepared in Biloxi and Gulfport for the storm. But also many people in Hattiesburg (3 hrs. Southeast of my home) and Jackson (2 hours southeast of my home) were hit with 100+ MPH winds.

I do know of one death that is directly connected to me. A girl that I grew up going to church with lives in Jackson. Her boyfriends parents live in Laurel, MS, (near Jackson). They were sitting in their home watching TV, the winds knocked down a tree, it went through the roof and killed the boys father. All the highways and roads are closed down because of flooding and debris, so he can reach his mother. Please keep that family in your prayers.

As far as I know, there has been about 80 deaths in Central Mississippi as a result of Katrina. Please keep all these people in your prayers.

I've been trying to find a map that I saw yesterday on line that showed the path of Katrina through Mississippi. I can't find that one, of course, but here is one.

I'll try and keep everyone posted as more information becomes available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love