More on Katrina

The stories keeping getting worse and worse, and unfortunately the situation seems to get worse and worse. New Orleans is getting more damage everyday as levees continue to break.

I have numerous friends that I've been able to talk to. Some still don't have power, some got some last night. One of my good friends have family that live in Biloxi right on the coast, and they can't get in touch with them at all. We are praying they are ok. Cell phone towers are down, so it's impossible to get through to some people.

There is a large UPC church in Biloxi pastored by Bro. Springer. I don't know anyone down their personally, but I have no idea what condition the church is in or how their congregation is.

Gas is a huge issue here in Mississippi. Many counties aren't able to pump it b/c of the loss of electricity, and some fear they may be running out. Last night the gas stations here in Greenville were packed as everyone made mad dashes to the pumps. It was rumored that all the gas stations were going to shut down at 7:00 pm and not open up until a few days. Of course the rumor was false, but we all know that the price is fixing to shoot up! Man, what I wouldn't give to own some gas stations right about now!

So keep MS and LA in your prayers. Donate if you can. I'll pass along any more info as I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love