This and That

I absolutely adore Tyler Perry. I'm such a big fan of his work, thanks to Buffalo Penny. Every time I see one of his plays, I crack up. What's so great though is the fact that his underlying messages are SO true.

I just got finished watching "Diary of a Mad Black Woman." Although I've never been through a divorce, or any break up of that magnitude, I know what it's like to want to be so angry with someone, yet have something within you forcing you to do the "Christian" thing. Forgiveness is such a powerful, liberating action. I highly recommend it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hershey's has a new candy bar out. It's called caramel cappuccino. Oh my word, it's soo good. Go out and try it! It's amazing how it taste like Hershey chocolate and a caramel cappuccino all at the same time. (Hence, the name!) It's seriously heavenly!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm adjusting to being back home. It's home, so I don't feel like a foreigner. I know some people who leave home, and when they come back they can't get comfortable. I never won't home to be like that, no matter how long I'm gone. But I will admit that it will never be exactly the same. It's not because home or the people here have changed; it's because I have changed. The change isn't a bad thing. I actually love the person I've become over the summer. I see people in a whole new light. I still don't have it all figured out -- never will. However, I think I'm more mature, more stable, more understanding. I hope my positive attitude can influence others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was told recently that I'm a very intimidating person. I was floored. It was hard for me to think that people actually would be intimidated by me. This friend went on to say that it's not something that I do intentionally. I'm not a snob, going around trying to scare people off. It's simply the fact that I carry myself confidently. I take pride in who I am, my education, and I seem steadfast. It was said that I exude some type of presence, but that it was all good.
The whole exchange of conversation really surprised me. I am confident in who I am, most of the time. I do take pride in myself and my education. However, more often than not, I feel so inferior to others. I psych myself up on a daily basis. I guess it works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
School starts back Monday. I have this one semester left, and then I'm a teacher. I'm scared to death! I'm excited and ready to be done, but at the same time, I'm terrified of messing up. Teaching isn't just a job. I'm not sitting at a desk answering a phone; I'm shaping young people's lives. Without teachers, there is no other profession. Teachers are vital parts of every child's life. No child goes through life without remembering at least one teacher. That's a sobering thought. What if I mess up. What if I get into the class and realize I'm not ready. What if I'm not adequately prepared. What if this really isn't what I'm suppose to do.
Here I am second guessing myself once again. Well, I didn't completely change this summer. I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same!

Comments

chantell said…
Kim, I hope your last semester is the best! Believe me, I totally feel you on the second guessing yourself deal being a teacher. This is the beginning of my second week teaching Spanish, and though all is going well, I will admit that I still doubt myself. But God is awesome and merciful. I just have to trust in that.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love