THAT

Someone who is much wiser than he seems and much wiser than anyone would ever give him credit for called me out the other day. He didn't even know he was speaking right to the black pit of my soul. At first I just looked at him, denying that his description was in anyway accurate. No, he had me all wrong I was sure. There is no way that I could possibly be that....

The more I thought about his words, the more truth I began to discover. Maybe I was that. Perhaps, he had labeled me correctly. Possibly I was hiding the real me beneath all of that....

The Bible says that we would know the truth, and the truth would make us free. However, knowing the truth now, I don't feel the least bit liberated. I feel ashamed. I feel inadequate. I feel exactly what the wise one called me....

Am I less of a person because I feel that? Or does realizing I am that make me more of a person. Maybe everyone is that at one time or another. Maybe we are all that in some aspect of our lives everyday. Is that really a bad thing? Is it wrong to be that or is just wrong to ignore that in your life?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is it bad THAT I am confused? ;)
chantell said…
If you really feel that the person was speaking truth when he labeled you as THAT, then be encouraged that at least you recognize that you have elements of THAT in your life and that you can do something to change it.

But on the other hand, realize that it is not other peoples' words that define who we are. And yes, I think all of us have a little of THAT. We are but dust. But thank God for the power of the Holy Ghost to help us overcome it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love