Even Hero's Have Their Off-Days!

I'm the type of person, when I'm upset, everyone knows it. I hate that about myself, but I can't help it. Not all my emotions are worn on my sleeve, but anger is. Most especially it shows when I'm at church. Sorry, call me wrong, but I can't act like I'm all spiritual when I'm fuming. It's just not going to happen.

So what's the big deal about it?? Well, you're like me, everyone knows you're upset, and they start asking you questions. Then they think you are mad at them because you don't respond to their questioning or whatever. It's not that you are mad at them, they just happened to be in your path when the snap hit.

God tells us to be angry and sin not. Very, very hard to do. At least it is for me. What's worse is when that anger is mixed with sadness, guilt, frustration, and confusion. Then you've got one messy, messy situation. Well that's where I was Sunday night and pretty much still am today, and everyone knows it.

Everyone goes through it...down time. Nothing seems to go right, everything seems to be upside down. If you've never experienced it, well you must have never been a young adult. I'd even bet to say it's harder when you are a Christian. I'll even bet it's harder when you are a Pentecostal Christian. Church is your life, and if at any time you question that life....well God forbid.

More than anything, I'm restless. Major decisions have to be made, and I don't want to make them. Even the smallest of situations could possibly turn into mountains of problems if the wrong choice is made. So please pardon me for not being my superwoman self...

I've been down this road a time or two
It's nothing new
But I'll get on my feet and over you
I tell myself that everything will be just fine
I'm just going through a little down time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love