From my Promise Box

I have a "promise box" that I draw scriptures out of occasionally, when I need some encouragement from the Lord. Today I drew a great promise; they are:

"I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not." Isaiah 41:13
"For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matthew 7:8

Both scriptures were very uplifting and right on time. Everyone knows I have trust issues, even when it comes to God Himself. I'm independent and want to work it out all by myself. That I'm an over-analyzer is an understatement. I've been a complete jerk lately, acting like I can make it on my own, although I know that I'm so incapable. Today, I had to spend some time apologizing to God for acting the way I have.

It all boils down to some previous posts. I'm afraid of failure. Therefore I try to find every angel of every situation and protect myself against that failure. Deep down I'm just afraid. I'm afraid of messing up, of getting hurt, of doing the wrong thing. But God tells me, that he's holding my hand every step of the way....why should I fear??

The song says..."Why should I feel discouraged? Why should the shadows come? Why should my heart be lonely and long for heaven and home?? When JESUS is my portion. My CONSTANT friend is He. His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me!"

It's time for me to get my act together. Now I'm not dumb enough to believe that I'll never stumble, but I need to do a better job of not staying down when I do. Whatever I need, God is willing to supply it. The key is giving everything up and trusting him for everything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love