Ironic Physic Powers??

I work at a public school, so things get a little rowdy sometimes. This afternoon a few kids got into a fight, there was yelling going on down the hallway, and such. I looked over at one of the students who lives down the street from me, and said "Diva, let's just go home to our quiet street." And I did just that.

Then I had plans to go out with a friend and her sister tonight. Before I left, I shook my head at my mother who was laying on the couch as my dad proceeded to watch some dumb Jet Li movie. I turned to her and asked, "Is this what I have to look forward to?? Sitting on the couch on a Friday night watching some movie I have no interest in??" Mom just replied, "Maybe when you're 50...." I wished them a nice night and headed out.

So my friend is driving me home, and we turn down my nice, quiet street. Only, my nice, quiet street now has 3-4 police cars and 2 firetrucks parked right near my house. All I can think is, "Is that MY house??" We parked on the side of the street and walked into my yard to find that a house 2 homes down from me had caught on fire. Thankfully, no one was at home, no one else was hurt, and they had gotten the fire out.

I walked in the house and my mom said...."We had an exciting night afterall. Maybe sometimes it is fun to just sit on the couch." I had to laugh...my nice, quiet street with my bored parents turned out to be grand central station tonight. Guess you never know what life may throw your way sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love