Who I really am...

He didn't walk me to the door last night after the date. It's just bad etiquette. Yeah, he took me to a nice restaurant. Yes, we had good conversation. So what!! Manners are manners...right??

Another insight to myself...

I look for faults in guys. I look for something, anything to be wrong. I nit-pick until I find a shred of imperfection and then I magnify it to outlandish degrees. Why do I do that? I think in most cases, I do it to spare my heart. I've had enough bad experiences to assume that a guy is going to screw up and break my heart. So if he's wrong right from the start, I won't get my hopes up.

It's often been said to keep low expectations, that way when things fail, you won't be hurt. That is how I handle relationships with guys.

I'm going to try and give this guy another chance, if he asks for one that is. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but then again...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't think your noticing his not walking you to the door should be considered nit-picking. You're right: manners are manners. What guy doesn't walk a lady to the door? I know nothing about the situation (which makes me sad cuz it reminds me that we never talk) but I say give him one more chance; if he still fails to display proper gentleman-ship, dump his butt! Love you lots! ~Les
Anonymous said…
So basically what you're saying is that you're pretty much becoming more of a lesbian every day. Gotcha.
Kim said…
Well the though has entered my mind....NOT

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love