Another Day at O'Bannon

I have been well introduced to the everyday antics of O'Bannon High School as a student teacher this semester. Today was another eventful day...

First period began as any normal day. However, about half way through the period, one of my student's, CareBear, came up to and said she felt funny. She said that she was dizzy and was having problems seeing. CareBear has complained of feeling dizzy before, but she always refuses to see the nurse because most of the time she is just pretending. Well again today I asked her if she wanted to go see the nurse. She refused, so I told her to just go sit back down in her seat.

A few minutes later she began to act as if she were high, began slurring her speech, and stumbling around her desk. Coach CT sent another student to see if the nurse was in and began to call CareBear's grandmother. About this time, CareBear had stumbled back up to my desk, and I had her sit down in a chair beside the desk. Coach CT got in touch with her grandmother, who then had him call her mother. While CT was on the phone with her mother, CareBear leaned over and began drooling on herself and the floor. This time I knew she was really messed up and there was no act going on at all. CT took CareBear to the nurse's office. After some questioning, CareBear finally admitted that she had taken 2 prescription sleeping pills (Ambien) that morning before coming to school. CareBear was taken the emergency room where she was given that black liquid stuff to make her throw up. She'll be ok, thankfully, but when they asked her why she took the pills, she just said "Because I wanted to."

I'm getting broke in really well.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love