Avoiding the Serious

I've got a few serious things going on in my head right now. However, to sit down and write about them would cause me to actually give thought to them. I'm avoiding thought on them at the moment, so therefore, I can't write about them. So please forgive me as I avoid the serious and blog about something fun....

We got a new coffee shop in town! This is huge news considering that the only coffee shop we had in G'ville before this past weekend was the coffee maker at the local Conoco gas station! Woo Hoo!! The Delta Grind, the new coffee hangout, is the best thing that's happened to me recently! I went tonight with some friends and had a good time just chillin' drinking my "Heath Bar Heaven" drink and eating a piece of caramel cheesecake and Tuxedo Brownie. This place only has the potential to get better! I'm very excited! And if it doesn't work out as a coffee shop, with it's name, it could also become a sex shop!?!

I went to Hot Springs for the weekend. I took my summer surrogate parents and another friend to the Razorback vs. Bulldogs game. It was horrid. MSU lost 44 to 10! However, as I have concluded, one is not a MSU fan because one likes to win. No, you are an MSU fan because you like football! So I had a good time. It was great to see all my friends there again. I also got to stop by Little Rock and visit some friends there too. That trip included an early breakfast at Waffle House. By early, I mean 1:00 am early. I also went horseback riding with Josh and Matt. Josh and I had to ride together for lack of time and available horses. What's interesting is that our horse was pregnant and had a bad case of the squirts! Fun memories!!

I have this whole week off for Thanksgiving! I'm not going to know how to act when next Monday arrives. But for now, I'm enjoying shopping, staying up late, and catching up on movies and TV shows! Saturday the family is going to the MSU vs. Ole Miss game. Maybe we might actually win this one...but somehow, I doubt it!

I haven't bought a single Christmas present yet. Thankfully, I should only have 3.5 gifts to get this year. One for mom, dad, and my brother. Then 1/2 for my mawmaw; my brother and I always go in together for my mawmaw's gift. Seeing as that I haven't had a paying job this semester, I most likely won't be getting anyone else presents. Volunteering...It just doesn't pay! Thankfully, I have no significant other to buy presents for either. So maybe this single thing is working out for me after all!

Possibly tomorrow I'll feel like blogging something serious...until then...enjoy your holiday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love