Glad I'm Not God

Have you ever watched someone make a mistake, and despite all your yelling, you couldn't stop them from doing so??

I'm in that situation right now. It's actually been going on for about a year now, but it's just getting worse. I know this person, and when I say know them, I mean I know just about every single thing there is to know. This person is making the biggest mistake of his/her life and knows it but is just to caught up to make the right choice. What's sad is there are several people in the background yelling the right answer, and he/she just want make the right choice.

Now, to make matters worse is that I have to sit by, not say anything, and watch it all happen. Of course, I could be messy, get some other people involved, and watch the poo hit the fan. But in the end, the poo could just some how get slung all over me. Then I would look like the bad person and have this friend hate me forever. If I leave it alone, the friend may get hurt, but in the end, my friend will once again be my friend.

I guess in a way I feel a little like God. I'm looking at the situation, and I see the whole picture. I know the beginning, and I know the end. However, the person in the situation refuses to wait it out, trust me, and walk away from the situation. Now my friend must reap what he/she has sown. Once you look at it from God's point of view, I don't see how He doesn't completely loose His cool with us humans at times. Good thing I'm not God....cuz that grace and mercy thing would have been out the door a long time ago!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love