Same song, different genre

Do I still think guys are dumb, liars? Yes. But instead of finding it aggravating, I find it funny. It's the same song; it's just a different genre now. No more Avril Lavigne punk rock. Now it's more of a country Brad Paisley song. Instead of screaming over the agonies of figuring out a guy, I'm singing about it in a very satirical manner.

As many of you know, the guys in my life are always messed up in some way. Usually they just sell me some story, and then go on their ways. Well this time, I've got a guy who I don't think has lied to me yet, but he just can't seem to get his act together.
Here's the run down of how it went....

Him: "Hey, are you going to the b-ball game tonight?"
Me: "I thought about it. Are you?"
Him: "Yeah."
**Long pause, me waiting for the reason why he asked me if I was going to the game. No reply**
Me: "You don't coach b-ball do you? Are you just going for the kids?"
Him: "No, I don't coach. I just like the sport."
**Another pause, waiting for the purpose of the conversation. No reply**
Me: "Well, the kids asked me to go, and since I don't have anything better to do; I'm sure I'll be there. Plus I like sports too."
Him: "Ok. Cool. See you there."
??Why did you ask me if I was going?? Did you want me to go with you??
**I get to the game, he's not there yet. He comes in later. He sits on the other side of the gym. I get down and walk to the floor. He stays in the stands until after the game. Finally, he comes down and stands beside me.**
Him: "Good game, huh. Especially for Jr. High" (or some meaningless starter conversation)
Me: "Yeah, I was actually surprised they played that well."
**A bit more meaningless banter.**
Him: "Hey, stay right here, I'll be right back."
Me: "Ok."
**He walks off and comes back 5-10 minutes later. Starts a little more "we're just acquaintances" small talk. He walks away again, this time without saying anything. 5-10 minutes later he returns.**
Him: "I don't think I'm going to stick around for the whole game. What about you?"
Me: "Well, I guess. I don't really have anything else to do tonight."
Him: "Yeah."
** Long pause. I'm waiting for him to say something.**
??Why did you ask that? Do you want to go do something together??
Him: "Well, I'm gone. I'll holler at you later."
Me: "Ok, goodnight."

HOW DUMB WAS THAT WHOLE ENTIRE EVENING?? Now, I know that it's wrong to assume anything, but he obviously asked me if I was going to the game because he cared if I was there or not. If he cared that I was there, then obviously he wanted to talk/hang out. Why didn't he just talk to me?? Why did he leave the game early? Why didn't he ask me to go do something with him if the game was dull? Why did he even bother to acknowledge my presence on this Earth if all he was going to do is make very small, meaningless conversation with me for less than 5 minutes??

It's just funny now. I'm not mad. He is different than other guys; he hasn't lied to me. This guy just has no clue. It's actually becoming a game now. I'm interested to see how long he'll keep making his one week calls or send his random text messages. No offense to anyone, but it really explains why he's 30 and not married! ;-)

Comments

chantell said…
That whole conversation was just flat out hilarious! Like you said, the guy hasn't lied to you or anything, he's just clueless. What he needs is a backbone. Some gumption that will make him follow through. What is so hard about saying, "Well, I wanted to know if you wanted to go the game together"? or "Yeah, the game is pretty dull, did you want to go somewhere else? Coldstone Creamery has this new ice cream called Pumpkin Pie in the Sky."

It seems that so many guys have such a huge fear of rejection that they would rather leave things in limbo than stick their necks out a little bit. In a way, I don't blame them, but in another way, it's like COME ON!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love