Still Contemplating....

No answer yet. I think God is waiting to the last minute. Yet I'm trying really hard to believe that He's going to give me an answer. I have to email my professor tomorrow and let him know for sure what I'm doing. As of right now, it's still a mystery to me. So it's not too late to say a little prayer for me....or just tell me what to do!

Nothing new and exciting is really going on. I'm trying to improve myself, emotionally and spiritually. Lately I've been very impatient and easily aggravated. I'm trying to put all the junk behind me and move on. I don't have to like what people do, but I don't have to dwell on it and let it bother me. I'm a fixer, so I try to analyze and fix everyone's mistakes...many times ignoring my own problems. That's the reason why I'm down to my last day without an answer about school. I procrastinated while trying to deal with everyone else's problems. However today, I was able to step back admit defeat and dependency and request the help of a friend. So maybe that's my first step in the right direction.

I got this promise today. It's been keeping me going all day.
"It shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer." Isaiah 65:24

Comments

chantell said…
Kim, I had the same sort of dilemma when I was about to graduate. At first I was fired up about going on to grad school, going ahead to knock out getting my Masters. I had connections, I could have gone for free, all of the positives you mentioned. But then, in the end, I realized (after much prayer and counsel with others) that I was tired of school, and was ready to work and get my hands dirty a little bit and that I wanted to make sure Education was what I really wanted to do before I jumped ahead and got a Master's degree in it.

In Education, experience at times is worth more than level of education (I'm not talking money wise). A teacher with a BS and 5 years of experience might be a better candidate for a job than one with a Master's degree and no experience.

Of course, I'm going to get my Masters. I feel that I have to. But many teachers do it while they're working. I've been told that even though it may take a little longer that way, it's good in the long run b/c you can see how all of the theory and methods that you are learning about actually work b/c you're in the classroom and you already have teaching experience.

Anyway, I've made my choice and God has shown me that it was the right one because doors flew open and I was blessed. Whatever choice you make I pray will be in God's will. Hang in there!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love