A Decision Has Been Made...

....and I decided not to go back to Delta State. The most asked question has been, "Do you feel good about your decision?" My answer: Yes I do. In my heart, I knew I didn't want to go back to school (at least not as a student). However, I also knew that my offer was amazing, and therefore extremely hard to walk away from. Yet in the end, I had to take advice from the movie Braveheart as I was reminded by my CT. "Your heart is free. Have the courage to follow it." Among other encouraging words from others (Thanks to all of you) I was able to make the best choice that would make me the happiest.

Let's face it, yes I have the rest of my life to teach, but I also have the rest of my life to go back to school. For now, I'm ready to teach, to change lives, to make an impact. I don't feel like I can do that adequately sitting in a classroom at DSU writing papers. Don't get me wrong, I do want to go back and get my master's and maybe even move up in education to administration or beyond, but now is not the time for that.

There is more laying on the line than just furthering my education. I had to look at going back to DSU in a much broader perspective. To shorten the stories of the past 4-5 months, my outlook on other people has been demolished by lies, deception, and mistrust. The only positive thing has been student teaching. Friends and family have disappointed me beyond measure, causing me to question everything, even God. It has been very dark for me, and I've found myself turning down roads that I knew I shouldn't be on. So to go to DSU would only push me further away from the road I should be on spiritually. But someone that often steps in to my life at the right time said, "When you lose trust in one, you always gain it in another...." And he's right because it's already happened.

So, with all that said. I have NO idea what I'm going to be doing next semester or when I'll be officially teaching, but I do know that I'm not going back to school! I am heading to Montgomery, AL tomorrow with some kids from school to a 50th Anniversary celebration about Rosa Parks. More on that later!

Comments

chantell said…
Gasp! You're coming down my way! Too bad we couldn't have met up to do lunch or something. I'm glad that you feel confident in your final decision. I'm happy for you!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love