Fun Nonsense In No Particular Order

I have a new favorite Christmas CD. It's one by Reliant K! For those of you not familiar with Reliant K, they are a punk rock Christian/crossover band. They take some old Christmas Carols and give them a new flair. There's nothing like "Deck The Halls" with electric guitars. My favorite song is their rendition of "The 12 Days of Christmas." They add in a little riff that says "What's a partridge, and what's a pear tree? I don't know, so please don't ask me. But I can beat they are terrible gifts to get!'

For a "small, sleepy town", there is always some type of drama going on. It just never ends, but it's something I've learned to accept. The drama here usually includes others, and I somehow get dragged into it. (I promise to the dear Lord, I am ALWAYS an innocent bystander.) Anywaz, last night at church we had Drama Team practice, getting ready for our Christmas program. I was leaving a friend's house and I said, "Well I have to go to practice, I'm just sick of all this drama." We both laughed because she aware of the double meaning of that statement. So today she was out shopping and bought me the cutest hoody. It's got "Thumper" from Bambi on it, and it says "Wake me when all the drama's over." So now I have a new favorite hoody.

I've gained about 15 pounds or more since I've been home from my summer in Hot Springs. I had lost about 5 or 10 pounds while I was there this summer because I stayed so busy that I hardly ever ate. Well since I've been home, I've gained that weight back and more. I'm not huge by any means, but the hip/butt area has definitely enlarged, making all my skirts too small. I felt like a pregnant woman today trying on skirts. None of my blasted skirts fit. I have 2 blue jean skirts that fit, and they are barely fitting. TWO!! That is a sin for a Pentecostal girl not to have more than 2 bluejean skirts. Hopefully after the new year, I can get myself pulled together and get these extra pounds off, or at least run across some bigger bluejean skirts!

Comments

Unknown said…
Reliant K is named after a Chrysler car in the 80s. I joust thought you should know.

Also, I dated a girl who drove one.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love