A Little *Pomp and Circumstance*

Only a week has passed, but oh so much has happened. Let me recap....

Thursday was my last day at O'Bannon. I didn't cry contrary to popular belief. We had all our students playing "The Game" which was a jeopardy type trivia game for their 9-weeks test, so everyone was too caught up in the hoopla of the game to really think about missing me. After school, I went with my CT on his bus route, and he made me drive the bus on the way back to the school. Don't worry, all the kids were already safely delivered to their homes. I must say that it was pretty fun to drive the bus, and I did a good job! Thursday night, my CT and his wife came over for dinner and an exchange of presents. All the kids had made me cards telling me goodbye and how much they would miss me. Then I got a Jr. High Football game jersey with my name on the back, a practice t-shirt, a football helmet, and a football signed by my CT. I must say I got a bit teary-eyed reading the cards.

Friday was graduation practice. Nothing too exciting happened except, I learned about a program that allows me to teach and go back to school and get my Masters in Education for free. I'm looking into that.

Saturday was the big day. Graduation!! It was very surreal. Growing up, I had thought about my High School graduation, pictured myself there and how it would feel. I never did that with my College graduation. I really hadn't given too much thought to it. So as I was sitting in the Coliseum, I just really couldn't wrap my mind around the idea that undergraduate life was over. They have this thing at DSU called 1st and 2nd diploma. 1st diploma goes to the student with the highest GPA that began school there at DSU. 2nd diploma is the same thing, but for students that have been there 2 years or more. Well I received 2nd diploma! So I was called up, separate from my class and was one of the first to receive my diploma. It was such an honor!!!

My friends from Hot Springs, Sunshine and her husband, came to my graduation. They brought me a super special gift that made me cry. They got a picture frame and had everyone sign the matting. It was the best gift I got.

The rest of this week has been filled with working (I'm monogramming for a friend) and choir and drama practice. Sunday is our church's "Winter Worship Service." Hopefully next week, I'll have time to rest and enjoy my break!

Comments

chantell said…
A big, huge CONGRATS to you, Kim! You've completed a major milestone in your life, and you will go on with God leading you every step of the way. I'm so happy for you! God bless.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love