What is the Deal??!!

I really just cannot seem to get a break! It's absolutely ridiculous. Tonight at church we were doing a repeat of our Sunday Christmas Program. What a complete joke. Everything went wrong. The singing was off, the music was off. It just wasn't good at all.

Well I'm in charge of the "drama." (Both literally and figuratively). We had performed 2 songs Sunday. Well in the middle of the first song tonight, I realize that I'm missing a boy for the 2nd song. It was far to late to replace him, so I send a guy down to our pastor to let him know that we were only doing one song. Well for some reason the message doesn't get across. So after the end of the first song, I hightail it down from the balcony where I had been running the spotlight to tell the kids that we aren't doing the 2nd song. I have to then run across the stage and turn all the lights back on. My pastor still doesn't get what's going on, and I'm on the platform in front of the entire congregation waving my hands saying, "That's it. We're done."

As if the night couldn't get more unbelievable, I start taking the props back to their rightful places. I carry a card table through the sanctuary, dodging numerous people, all the way to the back of the church, through the foyer and into the youth prayer room. Then I have to push 2 big black things. Then I carry a big wooden music stand/podium. Then I carry 3 chairs all to the same place. I passed every single person in the congregation. Not one soul bothered to help me except for my mother. Out of about 150 people that were around, not one person took it upon himself to assist me. I'm really feeling the Christian, Christmas spirit right about now.

All I have to say is I can't WAIT until this dumb, over commercialized Christmas season is over. Give me my presents, I'll give you yours and this whole things can finally be over!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love