365 Days Later

Whew! I can say I'm glad to see 2005 come and GO! This year has been showered with so many accomplishments and so many devastating heartbreaks that I'm just glad it's all over.

The year began decently. I was busy with school work and church work, but I had a good grip on things. Then by March, things began to fall apart. We lost several major couples from our church, including one of my best friends, mentors, and working partner. On top of that I was emotionally in and out with certain guys. Also I was dealing with my Nanna's sickness and on and off trips to the hospital. Things floated along, and I ended up in Hot Springs for the Summer. That was an overall good experience. Then in June my Nanna passed away unexpectedly, although expectedly. Besides the inconsolable hurt of that, I continued on and had a good summer, with trips to Colorado and National Youth Congress. Coming home from the summer was another adjustment. There is the awkwardness of fitting back in and finding your sense of belonging. But I had my last semester of college and graduation to take up time.

Now here I sit 365 days later, a completely different person. I guess 2005 was one of the most life changing years of my life. I've had to deal with more loss than I cared to. I dealt with betrayal, lies, and frustration. However, I learned true love, honesty, accomplishment, and success.

I'm glad to have had the experiences, to learn what I have learned. I probably could have done without the sarcasm and cynical outlook, but somehow I think I've even learned something from those times this year also. I'm just glad this is all over. I'm ready to put the past behind me and move on.

There are a lot of things I want to do this year. I want to be positive and unwavering. I want to make a difference. I want to see things I've never seen before. I want to be the person that I envision myself to be.

Hopefull 365 days from today, I can say that I accomplished those goals, and maybe I'll hate to say goodbye to 2006.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love