Lord Make Me Over!

If you've read my series on love, you know that I'm in the middle of a deep study on holiness and standards as it pertains to the Apostolic walk of life. With the help of my Sunday School teacher and classmates, I'm writing a book on all our findings and discussions. So far I've gotten the rough draft down, dealing with the foundations of holiness. When I think about it, it all seems extremely overwhelming. I just keep reminding myself that this process can take as long as possible. I don't have any deadline. So I write when I'm in the mood, and for right now, I'm about caught up. If anyone has any research, ideas, or thoughts they would like to share, please do so!

I do enjoy writing, but I never really thought about doing something so serious and professional. I'm really taking it a bit overboard I guess, but I just feel really honored. I suppose because this topic is something that is so sensitive to me that I really want everyone to grasp what I have. If it just enlightens one person, then I feel like we've been a success.

I'm at the point where I'm ready to do something, anything. I know that everything must be in God's time, and I'm not trying to make things happen. I just feel like I've set by idly wasting valuable time. I want to be up and going again, moving at full speed. Obviously my personal life isn't going anywhere. I'm not falling in love, getting married, moving to a new city, or changing careers. I'm here, and I'm content with that. What I'm not content with is sitting here doing nothing!

There is a quote that I love. It says that most often we need a change of self and not a change of scene. It's time for me to be the person I use to be. The person I liked. The person that was optimistic, hard working, and dedicated. I think it's going to take more time in the prayer room, more time in meditation of the word, and more time dedicated to God instead of dedicated to my complaints. I have to be happy with myself before I can be happy with anyone or anything else!

There's a song by Tonex called "Lord make me over." That's my prayer for this new year. I want to be made over, but better than what I once was.

Comments

chantell said…
Yes!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love