As If I Hadn't Suffered Enough!

I went back to the dentist this past Wednesday to get the other 2 teeth pulled. My sweet dentist had mercy on me and offered me Nitrous gas before giving me the shots! I was relaxed and didn't have any problems. He pulled those teeth right on out, and I was doing great.

The key word there in that last sentence is WAS. I WAS doing great, until Friday night. With all the madness in Memphis, my mouth started hurting pretty badly. I took some advil and went to bed that night. Saturday morning, I still wasn't doing so hot. I took more advil until Saturday night when the pain was just unbearable. My dentist had given me a prescription for pain pills, but I never got it filled because I wasn't having any problems. So Saturday night my mom gave me an old pain pill of hers. 30 minutes later I was feeling fine, and I got in bed around 1:00 am.

Well 2:00 am rolls around and I wake up. I thought my gums were swollen because I couldn't feel one of the holes in my mouth where the tooth had been removed. I go to the bathroom, look in my mouth, and this gooey, almost black blood was caked up in there. I go back to bed and wake up around 4:00 am. I now have that same gooey, black blood not only filling up my hole, but plastered to all my back teeth. I rinsed my mouth out, stuck some gauze in there, and went back to bed. From 2:00 am to 4:00 pm that hole bled. Mom went and got my prescription filled, and I took 2 pain pills yesterday. We talked to the dentist and he didn't understand why I was bleeding from a tooth that was pulled on Monday. So if he doesn't know, then I have no idea!

I'm doing ok this morning. I'm at work, but I took a pain pill this morning. I haven't had anymore bleeding, so hopefully this will all past soon. Why can't things just be simple with me??

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was wondering why you were singing Sunday night. Guess it made you feel better. I can always play guitar no matter how bad i feel. RP
Kim said…
Yeah, my mom was a little upset with me for singing. But I had been sitting at home all week. I was tired of just sitting.
Joel said…
That sure hurts! Hope you're feeling better now Kim. My brother is the anxious type when it come sto dental treatments. During his wisdom tooth extraction, he also opted for laughing gas. In places like Chicago, sedation dentistry have been an option for patients who does not want to feel the pain of the drilling that normally happens in the dental chair.

I'm really wondering why there was bleeding in the hole. The dentist must've hit a nerve or something. I think it would be best to check on him again if the pain persists.

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love