Getting in on the Action

With the blog war in action, some talk has gone 'round about "Mr. And Ms. Perfect." Is their a perfect guy/girl? Is there someone just for you? Do you know what you really want in the opposite sex? With all the hoopla, I wanted to get in on it and voice my opinion.

This past weekend, part of our Youth Group went to Tupelo, MS for something called Wintervention. (Late, I know but b/c of hurricanes, everything's been thrown off track.) I was excited about going b/c a truly great preacher, Rich Strawcutter, was going to be ministering. Not very long after Bro. Strawcutter began preaching, a lady that works with our youth had a thought. This is the guy Kimberly needs to marry. Of course, I had no objection to the thought. I mean, not only is the guy anointed with a great ministry, he's not too bad looking either. For the whole weekend, my youth group had this "joke" about me getting together with Rich. (The joking went even further when we discovered he was staying on the same floor as us, just doors down from my hotel room!)

Travel back to a few weeks ago, there were a few "well-intentioned" girls at my church who just knew they had the right guy for me. The reason why he was the "perfect guy" for me, they insisted, was because he majored in political science -- and, oh yeah, they had decided they weren't interested in him. I met the guy and from the extremely small conversation that we had, the only thing I saw that we had in common was politics and we didn't even agree on that! (He's conservative and I'm not!) So back to this past weekend -- Despite no correspondence with this guy, my friends still think there is "magic" brewing. So I saw this particular guy at Wintervention. We briefly spoke, he asked if some of these girls were there, we finished our small talk, and he walked away. The next day he texted one of these girls, said he saw me and that we'd probably get together later. Well this girl told another girl, and they took it as he was interested. One of the girls called me and told me to be expecting a phone call. WOOOO! Hold your horses! This shows how caught up these girls get in guys. Just because a guy speaks to or about you does NOT mean that he's interested in anything but a nice platonic friendship. I kindly reminded these girls that He nor I was interested in each other, and if they would so much as pay attention they would also see that.

God and I often have understandings, and when it comes to guys, I think we are pretty much on the same plane with one thing. I'm an extremely independent, go-get-em kinda person. In order to be submissive and have the type of relationship God designed for Husband and Wife, I'm going to have to marry someone extremely strong. If not, I'll walk all over him, probably unintentionally. God has brought this to my attention, and therefore I don't go flying off the handle about every guy I meet because I know I need something special.

With all that said, I've come to this conclusion. This weekend I saw a guy that I knew wasn't right and another guy who seemed to have great potential. Now, obviously I'm not about to marry Rich Strawcutter. (By the way, he's engaged.) But seeing him and knowing that my youth thought I could be associated with someone so unbelievably awesome really got my attention. I often get frustrated on my search for the perfect love. I think I know what I want, then after getting to know him, I realize that he's a jerk. Then I get disappointed and decide that anything will do. I've thrown away my "list" and picked it back up so many times that I've lost count. However, after this weekend, I've remembered that I don't have to settle for less. There is no perfect guy, but there is a guy out there who's perfect for me. I believe there is someone out there that God has been saving, and when I meet him, I'll know. I'm not lost and neither is "the guy", so there is no need to "find" him or make a fool of myself out of myself going on some wild search for him. God knows right where we both are. In His perfect time, He'll place us together. Whether the guy is the next Rich Strawcutter or not, he'll be exactly what I need -- the perfect guy for me.

Comments

Kendra Lynn said…
Awww...Richie Strawcutter! He's so sweet. :)
He's an old family friend, and a great guy...if you find one like him, hang on to him! :)
Kim said…
Ain't he just the coolest!

Popular posts from this blog

The Shallow Side of the Blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The List of 4's