Go Ahead and Call Me a Heathen!

I love the country band Rascal Flatts (RF). Ever since they released their first album, I've been a fan right from the very start. But there's a history behind this band...

When they were just beginning, they were going to do an outside concert in a small town at a balloon festival a few miles away from my home. That night it started raining so we didn't go to the concert. Come to find out it didn't rain in that town and they had the concert. From that moment on it was my desire to see them. Then Last year I had tickets to see them in concert and I had to sell them to someone else because I couldn't go.

I've always heard, the third times a charm, and I had high hopes when I found out RF would be in Little Rock, AR. I joined the RF fan club so I could order VIP tickets and be right up front. I requested the tickets just like I was suppose to, I got a confirmation email, and followed the directions in order to purchase my tickets. My directions were to call the box office of the Alltel Arena to purchase my VIP tickets that they were holding for me. Tickets would be issued as first call first serve. The box office opened at 9:00 am. Since I was at work, I had my mom call. She finally got through around 9:15 and talked to some man. He seemed like he didn't know what my mom was talking about. After being on hold for a few minutes, he came back, took my credit card number and told mom the tickets were mine. I was to pick them up the night of the concert at the box office.

I was so excited. I had front row tickets to RF, everything was set. Then I talked to a co-worker that had also gotten VIP tickets to the show. She said that her credit card had already been charged for the tickets, and mine had not. So 2-3 days before the show, I call the Alltel Arena, and they tell me that my name is not in the computer; I do not have tickets. I was so upset, but the lady took my credit card number again and said they would try to get me the best available seats. I then got on the RF website and asked around on a message board about what I could do. Someone told me to find a girl at the Fan Club booth, tell her my problem, and she may be able to get me some passes.

So my friend and I head to Little Rock, not too sure how great our tickets are going to be. We picked them up around 6:15 and found out they were in the lower level, right near the floor. Not too bad. Then we had to wait about 30 minutes outside in the cold to get into the arena. I must say, I was still feeling a little bummed about not having my VIP tickets. We finally got into the arena, and we went straight to the Fan Club booth. We were waiting there with about 10-15 other people. I asked my friend if we should even bother. She replied that we had nothing better to do until the show started and we had nothing to lose. A few minutes later, the girl we were looking for showed up, but we couldn't seem to get up to the table to talk with her. I saw her start handing out paper wrist bands and tickets, and my friend and I pushed ourselves up to the front of the table and I began to tell her my dilemma. She made us a deal. If my friend would join the fan club by paying $20, then she would give us "pit passes." We agreed, paid the money and headed into the seating area.

So what exactly are "pit passes?" They entitled us to go all the way down to the floor, past the front row seats into an area between the stage and the cat walks. We got to stand right at the stage. Meaning I was able to touch every member of RF, Blake Shelton, and Keith Anderson. We were right there, touching them and making direct eye-contact with them. I got such great pictures and had a BLAST.

I left the concert with Blake Shelton's song list that was taped to the floor of the stage. I also got a guitar pick that one of the guys threw out into the audience. Lastly, I got a knot and bruise on my forehead from a drum stick that was thrown out in the audience. Great news was I got to keep the drum stick!!

Now, I'm glad they messed up my VIP tickets because I had a way better view. Lots of people have called me a heathen for going to the concert, but I don't care. I had a great time and made great memories!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
heathen. RP
oooh im jealous, i love rf too!! very cool that you got some contraband as well!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love