SuperGirl to the Rescue!!

As you know, a good friend of my family was shot recently. He was finally able to go home Monday afternoon. Obviously he's still recovering, etc. His wife owns a monogramming business that she runs out of her home. When she gets busy I help her out, so I've been over at her house the past few days after school getting her caught back up while she runs errands and takes care of her husband.

Yesterday I was diligently working. No one besides me and Mr. Bullet Wound was there, and he was asleep on the couch. About 4:30, Mrs. Monogrammer's father came to the house (he lives across the street.) He asked if anyone was there, said he didn't know if he was going to make it, and had to rush to his doctors office. Well I couldn't let ole grandpa just die on his way to the doctors, so I asked if he wanted me to go with him. He agreed, and I told him I would drive.

Grandpa already had his OLD Dodge pickup truck cranked and in the driveway, blocking all other cars. So I hop in the "pawpaw mobile" to rush him over to the doctors. I put the truck in what was suppose to be reverse, according to the gear shift thing. However, when I put my foot on the gas, nothing happened. So I'm jiggling the gear shift hoping for it to work. Grandpa looks over and says, "it's the one right next to park." I laughed inside knowing we were in for an interesting ride. I soon found out not only was the gear shift faulty, but neither the air nor the speedometer. worked.

We got there safely, and Grandpa was fine. He has breathing problems, and sometimes he just gets too panicked. Mrs. Monogrammer, her mother, Mr. Bullet Wound and the rest of the family got a kick out of my story. They all wished they could have seen me cruising down the highway in the pawpaw mobile!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love