Dating or No Dating?

I ran across 2 articles this past weekend. One is for the girls, the other for the guy. "5 Women Every Guy's Gotta Date" and "5 Guys Every Girl's Gotta Date." The list was a little amusing to me, but it seemed like it may be true. Yet, I'm not too sure it applies to me. This article is more for people who date around. These type of people date others not necessarily thinking about the future. They just date them because they like them.

I'm not that kind of a person. I've only dated one person in which I wasn't thinking about the future. I was 15 then. The other guys I've been dated or been interested in, I did while contemplating a future with him. Obviously, I was wrong, but I never would have given them another thought romantically if I didn't think they had the potential to be my husband. The next time I seriously date a guy, I hope him to be "the one." I'm not too interested in exploratory dating.

This article tells you the advantages you can gain from dating all these types of people. But why do you have to date them to know what they're like? I find that being a friend to a person teaches you just about the same thing as dating that person, except maybe how good of a kisser they are.

It's just much easier, in my opinion, not to make things all awkward by dating someone and getting all involved for it not to work out. I know it can happen a few times, I've dated 3 guys and I'm not married to any of them. But dating anyone just for the sake of dating, that's just not my cup of tea.

Comments

chantell said…
And all the people rose up and said, "Amen!"

Popular posts from this blog

Where? When? Here! Now!

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter