A Good Run of Bad Luck

A few weeks ago my cell phone died as many of you know. Thanks to the help of a good friend, I was able to purchase the Pink Razr V3.

Fast forward to this past Sunday morning. Someone stole my brand new cell phone. I had left the phone in my purse inside the College and Career classroom before service. No one was back there but me. I turned my phone on vibrate, put it back in my purse and shut the door behind me. I didn't think anything about leaving my purse unattended. It's church for crying out loud.

When I got back to the room, I picked up my purse and set beside my chair. Towards the end of class, I dug through my purse to find get my phone and it wasn't there. I figured someone took it as a joke and would return it. When class was ended I asked who had my phone and no one had it. I didn't have time to question everyone, so I left. I thought whoever had it would return it to me soon enough.

By mid afternoon I was beginning to get worried. I headed up to the church to search for my phone, but I couldn't find it. A friend had texted many of the youth asking if they had my phone. She also texted my phone from which someone replied. They said "Finders Keppers. I found this outside United Pentecostal." Another friend texted my phone and got a not-so-nice reply. It was then I knew this was no joke, someone had stolen my phone.

After extreme hassle with Cingular, I got a replacement phone ordered that arrived to me this morning. I've spent a good amount of time entering a few of the 140+ numbers that were in my old phone.

Well, my luck is going to change. It has to! I'm heading to England in 4 days, and my vacation will not let me down! I'm going to try to blog while I'm in England, but I can't promise anything. I arrive back to the US on July 2nd. The next day I will have surgery to have my wisdom teeth removed. That means that it may be awhile before I can post, but I'm sure you'll survive!

Until then, keep me in your prayers...Especially as I travel!

Comments

chantell said…
I'm glad you're getting your phone replaced. It's such a violating feeling when you realize someone has messed with/stolen your stuff.

I hope England is an absolute blast! It just so happens that my parents met there. So, without England, I may not even be here today. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love