When Will It Stop??

It seems to be one punch after another. I'm not sure if it's all this bad is just a "season in my life" or if it has always existed and I'm just old enough now to realize it. Either way, it really needs to stop.

A man from our church was found dead Saturday. He has one son who is a part of our youth group and the drama team. That boy doesn't have any family that he's close to. There isn't a mother in the picture. That boy's whole world is gone. I can't even begin to imagine.

My pastor and his wife have signed a letter of resignation. My pastor has suffered from a stroke that left his memory pretty fragmented. We also found out he has been diagnosed with alzheimer's. We will have to vote in our Associate Pastor as our new pastor next week. I have no doubts that our Associate Pastor, Bro. Cantu, can handle the job. He's been doing so now for a while due to circumstances. I even already speculated something greater was plaguing my pastor. However to actually hear the words, to know it's fact and not speculation, is still hard. Unless the Lord heals Bro. Ellard, my pastor, he will only get worse as any alzheimer's patient does.

My grandmother suffered from dementia, so I know the heartache that comes from watching someone so close to you forget who you are. Thankfully, for our family, my grandmother didn't suffer long with the disease before she passed away.

None of this makes sense, and it probably never will. How does a man who has spent his whole life doing God's work suffer like this? I've finally gotten tired of trying to figure things out. I'm leaving this one in God's hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love