All the Other Things!

So things have been pretty deep around here lately, so I thought I would give everyone an update on all the other things going on in my life that aren't necessarily as spiritual or relational as everything else.

This Wednesday I report back to work! I will officially be a teacher. No more Career Center sitting around doing nothing; this time a real, live teacher! I'm extremely excited, not yet nervous, but that will come! I had not allowed myself to think about school this summer. I wanted to enjoy my trip to England and savor all the moments without being stressed, and that's exactly what I did. I wasn't prepared for anything. I went up to the school today to get a key to my classroom and start gathering supplies, etc. I left a bit overwhelmed! I had nothing!! Nothing! I needed everything, and I had nothing! I had an empty desk, an empty file cabinet, bare walls. Whenever I went to school, the teachers had everything they needed. Now I'm a bit stressed because I'm not prepared at all.

Thankfully the Lord works in mysterious ways. I passed an old friend in his car the other day as I was driving down the road. He gave me a call and mentioned to me that he always likes to help out the schools by buying extra school supplies for needy kids. He then offered to help me buy any supplies I may need for my room. I called him up today with a list, he met me at Wal-mart, and he bought me TONS of stuff. It was so kind of him; he really helped out more than he probably knows!

So now I think I may have everything together. I bought bright posters with catchy sayings to post around the room to brighten it up. My mom and dad rigged me up some maps with Styrofoam backing so that we can thumbtack certain areas we are discussing in class. The rents even bought me a leather desk chair for my room. (The one there was beyond dilapidated.) I got pencils, pens, folders, markers, highlighters. I'm all set. Except for content! I have not prepared the first lesson for any of my classes (4 Seventh grade History classes, 1 High School humanities class, and 1 Yearbook Staff) but I think all of that will come. The first week is pretty slow usually, right??

On a totally different subject, I got the hook-up with some great ringtones for my phone. So now I've been able to personalize a lot of friends and family. Now I know who's ringing before I look at the caller ID. Got to love technology!

I purchased the most recent Third Day CD "Wherever You Are" and I'm loving it. There are several great songs, but one of my favorites is "Love Heals Your Heart" The lyrics to the Chorus:

When you think your life is shattered
And there's no way to be fixed again
Love heals your heart
At a time you least expected
You're alive like you have never been
Love heals your heart


My car had to take a visit to the Doctor. It was sick, but thankfully not as sick as the Doctor once thought. It went in for some minor operations and is scheduled to go back for a little bit more work this week. Hopefully after that she will be in the clear!

And to wrap this all up, have a smile and go check out this Video!

Comments

Anonymous said…
"old" friend, young hands
Jody said…
Congrats on the "officially" being a teacher. It takes a very special person to do that and after substituting during college, I realized I was not that person (though I would love the summer's off!)... I'm glad you were able to get your classroom together as well! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love