A Balancing Act

Please pardon me, but I'm staying on the topic of the opposite sex for this post. However this time I'm not ranting and raving; I'm actually seeking an answer to a possibly unanswerable question.

How do you show enough interest in someone without coming across as forward or needy? How can you show enough interest to not totally write them off, yet enough to let them know that you do want to be friends.

I'm a firm believer in "honesty is the best policy." However, when you are first getting to know someone, it would be a bit awkward to be brutally honest. Example conversation:

Me: I know we just met 2 days ago but I'm really interested in you. I would love to email, text, or call you on a regular basis. Please don't take it as a sign that I'm madly in love with you and want to be the mother of your children. If you don't like me back, I'll be more than capable of moving on. I don't want you talking behind my back to other people about how clingy I am or how I'm throwing myself on you because I'm not.
Guy: WHAT??


I mean, C'mon, you can't be that honesty, can you?? I think having that conversation may confuse the guy more than anything. Am I the only person that wonders this?

There have been certain guys that I've kept in touch with because I felt that maybe down the line something could develop. I like to be friendly and also give them a reminder that I do still exist. In case they are interested, I want them to know I'm interested. However, I never want to come across too strong, so I try to keep an air of distance. But how much is too much for either side??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love