A Blog Long Overdue!

**For Undisclosed Reasons the name Batman originally used in this post is now being changed to Spiderman! Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation! -- Management!**
So 2 years ago I bumped into Spiderman and his friends, literally, at a conference. What started as an awkward apology and some brief introductions has turned into a blossoming friendship.

At the first meeting, we decided to all hang out together for the remaining two days, and then after we all left, we promised to keep in touch. After several emails and phone calls, we decided another rendezvous at the conference the next year was in order. A few more days of hanging out and enjoying each other's company the following year, let us know we had a deep bond. More emails and phone calls ensued. We were there for each other to vent to, and it usually ended with a sermon or a encouraging word to get us through our latest trial. And just like the past 2 years, we agreed that we had to meet up again.

This past meeting was just as fun as the first two. It was hard to believe however that we had only physically seen each other in our lives 3 times. Our friendship had grown so that we felt as if we'd known each other for a lifetime.

Yet somewhere in all of that,turmoil arose. Spiderman and I got into a HUGE misunderstanding. After some tears and hyperventilating, everything was resolved, thankfully. Now our friendship seems to be even that much stronger, and much more comfortable. There is a freedom to truly love one another that no one else may understand. He makes me happy, and I let him be his true self.

I can't imagine how different my life would be without Spiderman in it, and I don't want to try. Is he my soul mate? Are we destined to be together forever? Are we just friends for a season? I can't tell you that. I can tell you that God set this friendship in motion, and I'm not fixing to jeopardize it in any way. When God says it's time, then, and only then, will we part ways.

I read a quote by Janette Oke that said "We may surprised at whom God sends to answer our prayers." This is definitely true of my relationship with Batman. After our first meeting, there is no way I would have guessed that 2 years later I would still be communicating with him, let alone call him one of my best friends. However, God works in mysterious ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love