Just a Taste...

Have you missed me??? Well I have missed getting to share all my fun with everyone here in blogland. It seems like months, not weeks, since I've posted. So much has happened, I'm not even sure where to begin....so I'll just start!

England was magnificent! It was everything I imagined, yet completely different all at the same time. If you've never been, GO! You deserve to explore the world! I spent time at Stratford upon Avon and visited William Shakespeare birthplace. I toured Warwick Castle that dates back to 1066 with William the Conqueror's reign. I shopped at the Bullring in Birmingham, and also perused a few open markets. I spent 3 days in London, sightseeing, shopping, and just soaking up the history.

I'm not sure if you were aware of this here in the US, but Cadbury chocolate had a salmonella scare. They are a huge chocolate company in England (the makers of Cadbury cream Eggs, etc.). We spent a day at Cadbury World taste-testing chocolate and touring the plant. That day they had to pull over 250 million chocolate bars off the shelf because of a faulty leak in a factory. They stated that the chocolate was not dangerous to eat, they were just replacing it for precautionary measures. We thought it tasted just fine! We even brought a suitcase full home. It's soooo yummy!!

I had my first time experiencing the subway, better known as the Tube, in London. I'm glad my cousin knew how to work it because mom and I would have still been stuck at Paddington Station trying to figure out how to get on the Circle Line! There is a tube station called Notting Hill, as in the movie with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. Although I didn't see either of them or any other celebrities, Lindsay Lohan and the McFlys were in London one day for a premiere of the new movie "Just my Luck." Also, the day we got to London, there was a fire at King Cross, near the Tube station. We had just gotten off that station hours before the fire started. As far as I know the station was still closed when we left London.

I spent a few hours at the British Museum and National Gallery. We toured Westminster Abbey, saw Buckingham Palace, the changing of the guards, St. Paul's Cathedral, Big Ben, and Parliament. We walked by the Inner Temple which is a church mentioned in The Da Vinci Code. We also went into the Tower of London and took a peak at the Queen's jewels! She has the largest cut diamond in the world, 530 carets! We also went on the London Eye. It's a huge faris wheel type contraption that takes you over 400 feet into the air so you can see all of London. What a view! The ride takes almost 30 minutes, absolutely breathtaking.

I have so many other stories to share, but I'm a bit exhausted. I did have my wisdom teeth cut out on Monday, and although I'm feeling much better, I still get a little tired from the medication.

I promise more stories to come!

Comments

Brian LePort said…
Welcome home!
chantell said…
Yay! I'm glad England was a blast. And I'm SUPER jealous you got to visit not only London, but the birthplace of my man, Willy the Shake. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love