What's So Hard To Understand??

First, I have to say that spiritual things are getting better and better every day! But this post is not about spiritual things....

I met a guy, Kountry Boy, who is sweeter than sweet tea but countrier than corn bread. He's very good looking, makes good money, has a good family, and loves Jesus. But he's countrier than corn bread. He's called a few times, invited me down to a conference, even offered to drive to Greenville and bring me down there. But he is countrier than corn bread.

There is nothing wrong with being country. I love to ride horses and go muddawgin' with 4-wheelers. However, there is a cultured side of me that likes to travel to London and discuss politics. There is a side of me that firmly believes that a truck CAN be TOO big!

Does this make me a bad person? NO. Does this make someone different than me a bad person? NO. Does it mean I should suck it up and date this person regardless? NO!

Why should I settle for less than I want just because he's a nice guy? Why is it that other people are not ok with my singleness although I am? Why are people intimidated with the fact that I'm ok with not having a boyfriend or being married right now? I realize that people want to see me happy and "taken care of." But why can't people see that I am TRULY happy and single at the same time.

In the words of Natasha Bedingfield,
"I'm not saying I don't wanna fall in love 'cos I would
I'm not gonna get hooked up just 'cos you say I should "

I dated a guy that I loved. He was my "perfect guy" but it didn't work out. Now a few years later, my idea of a "perfect guy" have changed in many aspects. However I know that I still want the same feeling of butterflies and fireworks that I had way back when. If I've had it before, why should I settle for less than that. I could be married, but I could also be unhappy. I choose to be single, and I'm choosing to be happy.

What about that is so hard to understand??

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that Natasha Bedingfield song!

Countrier than cornbread, huh? You mean he tawks lak the-is? That's what I think of when I think of country boys -- hick accents :)

You put into such good words the same conflicting feelings I have about the opposite gender. Everything you say, I couldn't have said it better myself. So . . . just thought I'd like you know I feel ya girl :)
Brian LePort said…
Sounds like the South is getting to you. You need to visit the West where we don't marry until age 30! ;)
Kim said…
Yes he talks just like that Wendei! "Awe Shuckins!" He says that all the time!

Anywaz, the South does have it's hang ups at times, and this is one of them. Add being Pentecostal to it, and it gets 100 times worse!

I really think that married people believe there is a store that you just pop into and get a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's as if they forget everything they went through when they were dating! UGH!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love