Meet the Parents!

No I'm not talking about the Ben Stiller movie or a potential boyfriend. I'm talking about the parents of my students!

What a role reversal! I remember sending my mom and dad off to PTA night with my class schedule so they could meet all my teachers. Never had I actually attended one. Yet there I was last night, shaking parents hands, introducing myself not as Kimberly but Ms. Rigney. When did I become old??

I dressed up, took my contacts out, and put my glasses on. I had to compensate for my age, so I tried my best to look older. I didn't want these parents thinking their child's teacher was as young as them. A couple of parents asked if I was new, but for the most part nothing was said about my age! Many of the parents said their child was enjoying my class. A few even said I was their child's favorite teacher! YES! Score a few points for me!

My principal commented on how professional I looked, and several of my co-workers told me that I looked very nice. One teacher went on and on about how he liked my outfit. Another teacher said, "Rigney! Did you go home and change?" So at least I made a good impression. If not on the parents, at least on my colleagues!

Comments

chantell said…
Go, Kim! Go, Kim! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love