The New AA Group! Attitudes Anonymous

Proverbs 18:24
A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.


There are times when I'm not as friendly as I should be. I've been called a snob when people first meet me because I'm not a small talker. I have to make myself walk up to someone I don't know and introduce myself. Not because I'm scared of rejection or shy. I just don't like the awkwardness of small talk. It's something that I'm working on. A friend of mine even gave me some pointers on how to beat the awkwardness.

Overall, however, I'd consider myself a friendly person. I can hang out with just about anyone, anytime. I'm active in ministries at my church, my school, and I try to make time for anyone else in between. I do things I don't want to do a lot because I know it's the right thing to do. I make it a point to hang out with people even when I'd rather be at home by myself because I want them to know that I consider them a friend and love them. I do try to show myself friendly!

All that said to say, I can't stand when someone complains about how they don't feel apart of a group or that they don't feel like they have friends. Go out of your way to be friendly and you just may start to feel apart. Don't show up to activities with your cell phone stuck to your ear. You know what that tells everyone else? "My conversation with someone who isn't even here is more important than talking to you." And then you wonder why you don't feel apart??

**Sigh** This whole ordeal almost made me have a relapse to the cold, dark road. However, I quickly grabbed a hold of my attitude and refused to be sucked back down into that awful pit. It's ok to disagree and be a bit aggravated at someone's attitude. However, I should not dwell on that topic enough to make me angry and bitter. So I simply had to get all that off my chest so that I could move on to higher ground!

I feel better all ready!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love