Simply Awestruck!

Awestruck Wonder! I don't know how else to explain my feelings right now. I'm just completely in awe of God and how great He really is.

I've been in church my whole life, but I don't think I've ever experienced what I'm experiencing now. I can honestly look back over the past 5-6 years of my life and see why certain things took place and how God used those times to bring me to this exact moment. I am living Romans 8:28..."all things work together for good to them that love God..."

I turned down the opportunity to go back to college to get my Master's degree. Many people thought I was stupid for walking away from such an opportunity. I struggled with making the decision, but in the end, I knew it wasn't the right thing for me to do at the time. I took a not so great paying job at a local high school, hoping it would get my foot in the door to teach. It did that! Thankfully, it did so much more!

This past school year I was able to talk to numerous students about my religion, church, etc. One student in particular, Koldstone, asked questions and even mentioned that other local churches weren't offering him what he was looking for. I invited him to church, but he never came. Then a few weeks ago Koldstone texted me (he graduated in May so it's legal to text him now) and said that his father came to my church and that he had really turned his life around. I had no idea who his father was and actually thought Koldstone got churches confused. Then last week Koldstone's father came up to me at church and said, "My son, Koldstone talks about you all the time." I had no idea that this man was Koldstone's father. I promised the dad that I would encourage Koldstone to come.

Fast forward to tonight, Koldstone comes to church with his dad. Service is going pretty normal and then my pastor throws things off a bit. He asks everyone to come up front get in a circle with 5-6 people and prayer for everyone's needs. This was very strange because Pastor doesn't normally do this, especially in the middle of the service. Well a good friend of mine, Apostolic Minister, positions himself in the same circle with Koldstone. He talks with Koldstone and in a matter of minutes Koldstone is receiving the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues!

I had no idea that a year ago God was setting me up for this moment. It's crazy how God will go out of His way just to reach one soul. He does leave the 99 to go and find that one! So many other "God things" are happening now; I look forward to sharing them with you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's so exciting! What a way to be a light!
chantell said…
That is awesome, Kim. I'm excited about how God is using you!
Jewel said…
I am rejoicing with you, Kim!! Thank the Lord that you were right where you needed to be at the right time, because you were sensitive to the leading of the Lord!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Hurt and The Healer...Collide!

The Next Chapter

No Greater Love